❤ Review: My Bourjois Foundations ❤

Hi Lovelies,

Hope you're having a great day!!

Today I'm going to go through the Bourjois Foundations I have in my collection and let you know what I think of them.



I've got the Healthy Mix Foundation, Flower Perfection Foundation and the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.


I buy my Bourjois products from Priceline and always wait until they're on sale which is fairly often :o)

For a list of stockists - click here

Before I get onto the review I thought I'd let you know that I have Normal to sometimes Dry skin. 

The Bourjois foundations don't have much of a shade range so I'd recommend going in store to do a colour match.

I'm in the shade 53 in all three foundations.
Swatches are below
from left to right: Healthy Mix Foundation, Healthy Mix Serum, Flower Perfection




Healthy Mix Foundation


How Bourjois describes this foundation:

"Radiance boosting with fruit-derived ingredients for a flawless, glowing complexion for up to 16 hours.
Apricot for Radiance
Melon for Hydration
Apple for Anti-oxidant
Ginger for Energy
Melting formula blends onto skin for a flawless yet natural finish."


I love this foundation and this is my third repurchase.

I used it in my recent Foundation Routine video:


I use my Sigma Flat Kabuki F80 Makeup Brush or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and only need 1 or 2 pumps.

My thoughts:

*  Love the packaging - has a pump (hygienic), less wastage, a guide to show how much you have left
*  Love the smell which is fruity
*  Has a light weight feel
*  Provides medium coverage (I prefer medium coverage over full coverage)
*  Sets to a satin, luminous, natural finish
*  Is build able without looking 'cakey'
*  Photographs well as it has no spf (I make sure to wear a high spf bb cream or primer if using it during the day)
*  Wears well during the day or night (8 hours)
*  Powder needed to set if you have oily skin and may need a touch up during the day
*  Won't be enough coverage if you have blemishes or acne scarring
*  Limited shade range


Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation


How Bourjois describes this foundation:

"Instantly blends onto skin for an even, very natural finish, with no streaks. Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed, the radiance of the complexion is boosted for 16 hours. Vitamin enriched fruit therapy formula with lychee, goji berries and pomegranate. Gives skin 69% more radiance after 4 weeks of use."

I really enjoy using this foundation as well and will use it more in Winter if my skin gets drier.

I use my Sigma Flat Kabuki F80 Makeup Brush or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and only need 1 or 2 pumps.

This foundation has been compared quite a bit to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (Bourjois & Chanel are sister companies so similar formula I believe).
I've read that Bourjois has better coverage over the Chanel foundation and not as dewy.

My thoughts:

*  Love the packaging - has a pump (hygienic)
*  Love the smell which is fruity
*  Light weight feel
*  Medium coverage 
*  Sets to a dewy, natural finish
*  Is build able without looking 'cakey'
*  Photographs well as it has no spf (I make sure to wear a high spf bb cream or primer if using it during the day)
*  Wears well during the day or night (8 hours)
*  I like the sound of the 69% more radiance over a 4 week period!! I'll see how that goes :o)
*  Wouldn't recommend it for oily skins
*  Won't be enough coverage if you have blemishes or acne scarring
*  Limited shade range


Flower Perfection Foundation


How Bourjois describes this foundation:

"A youth extension foundation with a nude-skin sensation for a smooth and beautified complexion for 16 hours.
SPF 15 formula with wild azalea, resistant to extreme climate conditions, protects skin cells for a long-lasting youth extension effect on the complexion."

This foundation gives me full coverage and I would say is more suited to oiler skin types. It's not one of my favourites for that reason but I would recommend it if you have oily skin or like full coverage to conceal blemishes or acne scarring.

As this foundation is a thicker formulation I like to use my damp Beauty Blender to apply and I use 1 or 2 pumps.

My thoughts:

*  Packaging has a pump (hygienic) but is bulky with the added sponge
*  Love the smell which is floral
*  Full coverage 
*  Sets to a semi-matte finish
*  Is build able without looking 'cakey'
*  Has SPF 15 
*  Conceals blemishes or acne scarring
*  Wears well during the day or night (8 hours)
*  Wouldn't recommend it for dry skin
*  Limited shade range



Overall, the Healthy Mix Foundation is my every day favourite but I love using the other two depending on the occasion!!

Let me know if you've tried these and what you think of them as well :o)

Have a great day


MissTango2

xoxo

Instagram:  misstango2
Facebook:  misstango2

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great review of these foundations, I have been looking at them lately but just didn't know what one to try, I have dry skin so I think I will go for the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.

    Thanks for helping me choose the best one for me, I love these kind of blogs :o)

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the Healthy Mix Serum would be the best :o) Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog xx

      Delete
  2. Great round up review hun! I've never tried any face products from Bourjois but this mikes me want too :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you for reading!! I definitely recommend trying out the Bourjois face products, they're great quality :o) xx

      Delete
  3. Everyone always talks about these foundations!
    I seriously need to give them a try :)
    Thanks for the review Mel!

    Jordy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems, babe!! Let me know if you try them out :o) xx

      Delete